- UNDP around the world
Many of UNDP's relationships with countries and territories on the ground exceed 60 years. Find details on our successes and ongoing work. Visit UNDP's global website.
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Dem. Republic of)
- Congo (Republic of)
- Costa Rica
- Côte d'Ivoire
- Democratic People's Republic of Korea
- Denmark (Rep. Office)
- Dominican Republic
- E.U. (Rep. Office)
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Finland (Rep. Office)
- Geneva (Rep. Office)
- Iraq (Republic of)
- Kosovo (as per UNSCR 1244)
- Lao PDR
- Mauritius & Seychelles
- Norway (Rep. Office)
- Papua New Guinea
- Programme of Assistance to the Palestinian People
- Russian Federation
- Samoa (Multi-country Office)
- São Tomé and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- Sweden (Rep. Office)
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- Tokyo (Rep. Office)
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Arab Emirates
- Research & Publications
- News Centre
Showing 1 - 17 of 17
01 May 2015
Mongolia’s human rights record will be examined by the UN Human Rights Council’s Universal Periodic Review (UPR) Working Group for the second time on Tuesday 5 May 2015 in a meeting that will be webcast live.Mongolia is one of the 14 States to be reviewed by the UPR Working Group during its upcoming session taking place from 4 to 15 May. Mongolia’s first UPR review took place on 2 November 2010.
24 Dec 2014
Opening Speech by Sezin Sinanoglu, UNDP Resident Representative:Consultative Meeting on Best Practices and Initiatives of Information Transparency
Access to information and freedom of expression are international human rights norms and as such underpin many human rights declarations and covenants. Article 19 of both the UN Declaration on Human Rights and the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights (ICCPR) states that the right to freedom of expression includes not only freedom to ‘impart information and ideas of all kinds’, but also freedom to ‘seek’ and ‘receive’ them ‘regardless of frontiers’ and in whatever medium.
23 Dec 2014
10th Development Dialogue: Political Empowerment of Women in Mongolia: Opening Remarks by Ms. Sezin Sinanoglu,UNDP Resident Representative
In 2011, UNDP in collaboration with the National Committee on Gender Equality held and international conference in exactly this room to discuss exactly this same topic. It brought a mixed crowd of politicians, NGOs, government representatives and experts, including a renowned academician from Harvard University to discuss how to increase women’s representation in politics. It was a success.
22 Oct 2014
n behalf of the United Nations Development Programme, I very warmly welcome you to the launch of the “Being LGBT in Asia” Mongolia Country Report! We started a journey together almost exactly 8 months ago, in March this year. We started a national dialogue on what it means to be Lesbian Gay Bisexual or Transgender in Mongolia. Today we are touching base, meeting again as a committed and proactive group in support of LGBT rights to review what we have achieved over the last 8 months and most importantly to launch our joint product, the Mongolia Country Report of the “Being LGBT in Asia” initiative.
22 Oct 2014
Mongolian LGBT People Face Social Stigma and Violence Despite Policy Changes: Comprehensive UN-USAID Country Report
Mongolia’s first report assessing the challenges for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) communities reveals they still face discrimination despite significant government policy changes that protect their rights. There is still societal homophobia and transphobia and LGBT people encounter social stigma and even violence in various settings such as families, employment, health care and public areas.
09 Sep 2014
The Mongolia +Social Good Meet Up will advocate for “social good”, to bring out innovative initiatives and social enterprises, to challenge existing social norms, encourage women’s leadership and empowerment and to facilitate a more forward-thinking modern youth identity. This dynamic event with a mix of civil society organizations, IT specialists, women leaders and government representatives will kick off on Monday, September 22nd at the Ulaanbaatar IT Park.
25 Jun 2014
Speech by Sezin Sinanoglu, Resident Representative: National Forum “Together for Corruption Free Society”
The Millennium Development Goals are due to end in 2015. Over the last 2 years the UN has been leading a global effort to come up with a new, a Post 2015 development agenda. Over 3 million people from all over the world and all walks of life have participated in global, regional and national level consultations to help shape this future development agenda, including the formulation of a set of new goals, which are called the Sustainable Development Goals (or SDGs for short). Good governance, transparency, accountability and anti-corruption have featured very strongly in all these discussions.
21 Mar 2014
It is with great pleasure that I welcome you today on behalf of the United Nations to the Mongolia national lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender - what is often called LGBT – national community dialogue.
21 Mar 2014
The Mongolia National Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) Dialogue was held in UN House on 20-21 March 2014. The LGBT Dialogue was attended by over 80 representatives of various stakeholders, including Government officials, LGBT human rights advocates, civil society activists, researchers and academics. The Dialogue is being organized as part of the regional ‘Being LGBT in Asia’ initiative being undertaken by UNDP Asia-Pacific Regional Centre and USAID Regional Development Mission Asia, both based in Bangkok, Thailand.
17 Feb 2014
The 3-day Induction training for all local elected representatives started on 17 February 2014 in Bulgan, Dundgobi and Dornod aimags. The training is being organized by aimag council (hural) secretariats under the project “Capacity Strengthening of Local Self-Governing Bodies”. A total of over 900 elected representatives of these 3 aimags are attending the training, which covers seven key topics: Legal environment, hural procedures, public participation, human rights and gender, and environment and green development.
07 Feb 2014
Key Findings of the Study on “Democratic Governance Institutions (1992-2013): Lessons Learned and Proposals for Reform” Presented to Academic Researchers
Key Findings of the Study on “Democratic Governance Institutions (1992-2013): Lessons Learned and Proposals for Reform” Presented to Academic Researchers.
31 Oct 2013
Five agencies with investigation powers, State Investigation Department, Investigation Division of the General Prosecutor’s Office, General Court Decision Enforcement Agency, Independent Authority against Corruption, and General Intelligence Agency, held a discussion “Cooperation in Prevention from Torture” in the Government House. Heads of investigation departments of aimags attended the meeting.
19 Sep 2013
Representatives of local hurals held a discussion on how to effectively improve capacity of local self-governing bodies
Representatives of Local Hurals held a discussion on how to effectively implement the project “Capacity Strengthening of Local Self-Governing Bodies”. The main goal of the project is to strengthen capacity of the local hurals to carry out their representative and oversight roles. The project will run until 2016.
02 Jul 2013
Today’s forum seminar is the exciting opportunity to help national stakeholders take stock of where we are on the recommendations raised at the first UPR cycle review. I would like to congratulate the National Human Rights Commission, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Ministry of Justice for undertaking such a thorough process (large consultation?) which is consistent with the spirit and intent of the UPR process outlined by the Human Rights Council. It also highlights the value of having a national human rights institution, such as the NHRCM, to work with both government and civil society to assess progress made in a rational, evidence based manner.
27 Mar 2013
Legal empowerment of the poor is an internationally recognized concept which aims to tackle underlying causes of poverty that are related to legal framework, including both the actual laws and the way the laws are implemented. While this may sound reasonable, it is still general and abstract, and does not help much in changing legal and policy environment for the poor.
13 Mar 2013
The project “Support to participatory legislative process” aims to improve legislating drafting processes through policy analysis, stakeholder open dialogue; enhance access of citizens to their elected representatives; strengthen grievance procedures; and support the implementation of UN Convention against Corruption.
- 10 Oct 2012
Research and PublicationsView More
- The Gender Theme Group meeting called “Community of Practice: towards substantive Gender Equality Results” will be held today in the UN House, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia. To tackle the problems that women and men in #Mongolia face and to promote #genderequality, the global community including Mongolian Government, UN agencies and bilateral development agencies in Mongolia are practicing “gender mainstreaming”, a globally accepted strategy for promoting gender equality. Last year, the Group's meeting held in October provided a platform for information sharing and mapping the gender activities among the extended group. This year, the meeting will take one step further with more substantive and practical discussion as a community of practice. “Практик туршлага: Жендэрийн Тэгш Байдлын Бодит Үр Дүн” сэдэвт Жендэрийн ажлын хэсгийн уулзалт 2015 оны 5 дугаар сарын 6, 15.00-17.00, НҮБ-ын байр Дээр дурдсан асуудлыг шийдвэрлэж, жендэрийн тэгш байдлыг хангах үүднээс, эмэгтэйчүүдийг чадваржуулахад чиглэсэн зорилго бүхий бодлого, хөтөлбөртэй уялдуулан Монгол Улсын Засгийн Газар, НҮБ-ын төрөлжсөн байгууллагууд болон хөгжлийн хамтын ажиллагааны хөгжлийн агентлагууд зэрэг дэлхийн нийгэмлэг “жендэрийн үзэл баримтлал”-д анхаарал хандуулж байна. Өнгөрсөн жилийн 10 дугаар сард болсон ажлын хэсгийн уулзалт нь илүү олон бүлэг нийгэмлэгүүдийн хүрээнд жендэрийн үйл ажиллагааны зураглалыг гаргаж, мэдээлэл солилцох индэр болсон юм. Энэ жилийн уулзалтаар нэг алхам ахиж, олон нийтийн практик туршлагын талаар илүү бодит, практик хэлэлцүүлэг өрнүүлэх зорилготой юм. 17 hours ago
- Coding for greener #Mongolia! #ict4d Code4Green UB convenes students, coders, makers, sector specialists, and government to creatively address green growth challenges using ICT innovations and design thinking methodologies. via @World Bank Climate Change Yesterday AT 08:45 AM
- "See more posts on"Facebook
- 24 Dec 2014:Opening Speech by Sezin Sinanoglu, UNDP Resident Representative:Consultative Meeting on Best Practices and Initiatives of Information Transparency
- 24 Oct 2014:“Peace Studies in the 21st Century and Mongolia” International Conference
- 22 Oct 2014:Mongolia LGBT Dialogue Report Launch